Thursday, April 21, 2022

April 21, 2022

 I have been remiss in writing in this blog.  I do better in my private journal, writing a bit, at least, each day.  Spring may be finally here as the last of the snow is gone from our yards and nearly gone from the high hills here on the Palouse.  I'm eager, in spirit anyway, to get out to do the spring work in the yard and gardens.  I'm hoping all of the plants have survived.  

My mind has been elsewhere so I have not been doing too much around home but to keep things on an even keel.  My #3 sister, the youngest, was recently diagnosed with small cell carcinoma of the lungs and cervix.  We are not sure where in the world this has come from, but fear our "shitty gene pool", what with all of the other auto-immune problems and the poor immune systems we seem to have inherited from our "fores".  She has already started chemo-therapy, but it's going to be a rough road.  As the now matriarch of this family I am faced with having to reassure everyone and not just her.  No mom or dad to talk to means one goes to the next best.  We all are trying to help, but there is little we can do but provide support, whether emotional of physical. 

Well, it's a sad situation all the way 'round, but today I'm off to watch our     G-grand play soccer.  She enjoys the game even if their team has not won a game yet.  We're hoping that one of these times they will get that satisfaction.  Surely not all of the teams are composed of "super star" young athletes.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen