Saturday, June 04, 2022

June 4, 2022

 And we have yet more rain.  It seems as if we shall have an over abundance of this blessing this spring.  I was afraid we’d have no fruit on the trees, but apparently during the few dry days the miracle bees did work.  There are baby pears and plums on the trees 👍🏼💕👍🏼.

Next weekend the mister and I will go over to Winthrop to meet some of the sibs & families for a reunion.  It’ll be the first since the parental units have been gone.  Bittersweet to say the least, and some will not be able to come; the #3 sister because of her ongoing chemotherapy and the #2 sister because the #3 would have been her ride.  Only a limited part of my extended family will be able to make it also.  But, it will be good to see the ones who can come as have not seen in long time.

There is spinach, peas, a few coles and the alliums in the gardens as well as “volunteer potatoes”, but have just now planted carrots & beets because of the cold & rain.  I don’t even know if we’ll be able to do corn.  I’d planned no beans or squashes as have plenty in the pantry & freezer, so there is no loss there.  And we may or may not get berries; the strawberries are blooming but more rain will make them rot and I had to plant new raspberry canes this year so no berries until next year.  I did get a new rhubarb root/plant from the DD so will have some next year.  

I’m working on many different fiber/fabric projects: new nightgown, socks for several people, spinning some yarn, quilts, and the always on-going various toys for the G-grand or other children.

A good life all-in-all I believe, even with some of the really bad things here and in rest of the world.  My spiritual side is always in 🙏 for a better future.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen