Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday & clear!

It is sunny today - cold, but clear - how nice. All that grey brings me down.
But the days are getting longer, so.... wonderful!!
The cooking lessons with the #1GS went well.
He made bread,
made rice pudding,
& made swiss steak for our supper last night. Did a really good job on all of them; it was gramma who let the potatoes burn!!!! ACK! how could she have done that? But it turned out well in the end, so I guess that is all that matters. I think he'll make a good chef - that's what he wants to go on to after high school graduation next year. We're glad he has a goal in mind.
I'm making bread today, too - I sent the GS-made loaf home with him :~). But, I'm going to make the same kind as 'tP' thought the #1's was quite good.
I'm also doing laundry - as per usual - and trying to get some more done on the craft-room organization. I'm working on fabric now & that is one HUGE chore, let me tell you. Here is one photo of "part" of the "mess" - a shelf with fabric, patterns, etc. BEFORE!



There will be "AFTER" photos, too. If you wish go to my Ravelry Stash page & see all of the new yarn & fiber I have entered, too.

1 comment:

Cozy Knitting said...

Hi! When I grew up, comfort food was beans and cornbread. My grandfather killed a rabbit or squirrel every Saturday,we helped skin it out and clean it, and that was Saturday's meat. Sundays we got fried chicken. Now-a-days,for most folks,comfort food seems to be mac 'n cheese, mashed potatoes/gravy, etc. I still go back to bread and a basic pot of beans. Oh-and chocolate!

drMolly, the BeanQueen