Thursday, March 04, 2010

It is still trying to be spring

Yesterday, although it was raining, it was as a spring rain occurs. And this morning, it is frozen, but already clearing to be somewhat sunny. Makes one think of spring, spring even though one knows that around here in the Palouse these things are just to trick one! Just when one feels it will be safe to move into spring activities and then WHAM that last snow storm or heavy freeze gets all of the work you've done and sets everything back a WHOLE lot!!
I'm not falling for that, I'll tell you. I just bide my time and plan, plan, plan - it helps me curb my desire to get going.
I am ordering my seeds today - I have all the lists made and just have to send the money and the order forms to get things going.
Then I'm going to have 3 weeks "DH-free" - not really my idea of a good time, but family matters are family matters and he is going with some of his sibs to visit their dad (probably for the last time in this life) and that is important.
I'm still working along on my mom's 80th BD shawl, slow, but sure wins the race! I have some socks for me, some soldier socks and the "use up the sock yarn leftovers" blankie on the needles.
We will have falafal & hummus for supper tonight - really some of our favorite things to eat - a little pita bread, some yoghurt & some shredded veggies and we're "good to go"!

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen