Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rainy days & work

are here for this week. Have lots of catching up to do on the job and at home.
Last night 'tP' helped me plant our new apple tree - it had arrived while I was at camp. This time I got a dwarf tree on a M27 rootstock so it should "really" be a dwarf - it is the variety Honeycrisp, a lovely, tasty apple that is good for eating and all sorts of other appley things.
I have onion plants and seed potatoes to go in next and then we have to quickly fill our new raised bed so we can get the rest of our veggie garden going.

Later same day: planted onion plants this evening-~30 each of Red Candy Apple and Candy Hybrid onions. I should have plenty for next fall & winter.
Here is a picture of my lovely mum & her favorite consort (my dad, of course). They are such wonderful folks! (Mom is in her brace for her shoulder and my dad is wearing his favorite sweater - one I made him about "a hundred years ago", LOL.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen