Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The days of trying to be upbeat

I'm not having a great deal of success in this. For some unknown reason I have been somewhat depressed for quite some time now. I just can't figure out why, but to add to the problem, it makes me tired and then I don't sleep well, then the cycle begins................you're depressed, so you're tired; you're tired, so you're depressed & on & on ad nauseum.
I try to get outside and walk or work each day so I can absorb some sun, I try also to get a bit of exercise as that will help, too. But apparently my combination is not the ideal one as it isn't working yet.
The peas were planted today; one side of the row with Green Arrow for eating & freezing and the other side with Sugar Snap for eating, salads, & dipping. There is NOTHING like fresh peas - mmmmmmmmmmmm so good!
It was a bit rainy off & on, today, but still muggy. We did not get the forcasted T-storms, just the humidity, :~(.
'tP' goes bowling tonight and I am going to listen to some podcasts & knit, I think.
I'm trying to do a bit of weight loss again this summer; another one of those things I do that does not have much success. I think I need to up the walking or some other gentle exercise that I can do. I am adjusting our diet a bit as 'tP', although not overweight, needs to change his cholestrol and his tendency to diabetes some, and I just need to lose some poundage plain & simple!
I also planted my sage plant and dug up some chives for the DD.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen