Thursday, May 20, 2010

It was a whopper!

The rain came down in buckets, the wind blew so hard it was raining sideways and was so strong it blew over the road signs for the roadwork between here & the ID border. Our power didn't go out, but at the DD's home, it did. There were trees blown down in parts of the county and my friend, "the potato maven" told me this morning she had heard there was a tornado in Moses Lake that picked up and moved an old barn - the weather people are trying to confirm.
This morning although there is still some wind, it is sunny and clear - that's the Palouse for you, all right!
I did not get the potatoes planted last night; ran out of time, but it will get done tonight. Tomorrow & this weekend the DD & I are doing a yard/garage sale to see if we can get rid of some stuff before taking it to the thrift stores for donation. I think I might try to freecycle some of it, too.
I am working on my entrelac hat when I have time to knit - one must pay close attention so as not to make errors in this work, too. Or it may be that I just am learning, too.

1 comment:

Fru-la-la! said...

sending you good luck on the upcoming garage sale!

drMolly, the BeanQueen