Thursday, May 06, 2010

More cold weather

makes for a delayed gardening season & I am so looking forward to growing things.
Tomorrow is the big day for the #1 GS - taking the driving part of the driver's test - GOOD LUCK MJ!!
Working in seed storage today - more cataloguing of seed donated to the collection, ie. see if it is unique and do we really want it? Then it will be back here & see if the lab upstairs is usable or will I have to do some clean-up before I can start embryo-rescue work again.
Then, home again to try to do some cleaning, etc. there. Oh the joy of my life with such FUN things to do.

I found the lab to be in pretty good shape - did a chemical inventory & tomorrow will go over the "receipt" (that's an old-fashioned way to say recipe doncha' know?) for the new method of tissue culture that I found when I attended one of my bean meetings.
The poor tomato is looking quite sad - I hope it can come back up from the roots - the lower part looks as if it is still alive. The seedlings are good and I thinned them down to 1 plant per "pot" for the coles and 2 for the lettuces.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen