Monday, July 05, 2010

Happy day after July 4th!

We were so busy on Saturday & Sunday that I did not get back to blogging.
I had a long day of shopping and getting ready for the holiday celebration on Saturday.
I did get the aforementioned cherries and plan to do some canning tomorrow or Tuesday. I got in some weeding & gardening while 'tP' was still at work, but it was a LONG day.
Yesterday we spent most of the day just relaxing; first we went to the parade in Johnson - after having breakfast there - and then in the afternoon we went to Pullman for a picnic and some great fireworks. We did not get home until midnight, so were EXTREMELY tired this morning - it's a darn good thing we had the day off.
We have been doing a bit around the house, took our recycling to town and right now I'm making bread & 'tP' is getting fuel for the Prius - we have to be ready for work tomorrow - alas!
I was able to spin both on Saturday and on Sunday for the Tour de Fleece. And, I plan to do a bit more this evening. I am nearly done with the roving and I am going to do my best to get it plyed before the event is over. I did a bit of testing and although I had wanted to do a 3-ply, it would be to heavy for sock yarn (in my opinion). So, I also did a sample 2-ply and got ~13 wraps per inch, making it a heavy fingering. Thusly, it looks like I'm going to have 2-ply sock yarn. Oh well, I can re-inforce the heels & toes with some wooly nylon if I am worried about the wear. The roving is SW merino, but I don't know how my spun yarn will wear.
yarn from day 1 & 2, plus a little leftover from previous spins.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen