Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012 goals - more accomplished

I finished a pair of pajamas for myself.
They are flannel, the pattern is Simplicity 2823 and because I used fabric from my stash they are co-ordinating colored prints.
I have adopted the "even if you have only 5-10 minutes get in there & sew (or quilt or knit or...)". It's working! Things that have been UFO's for who knows how long are getting finished.
I'm even getting to the mending!!!! It's a good thing we no longer have growing children. Some of that mending has been there "a while", LOL.
The garden seeds, some onion plants & potatoes have been ordered. My dad gave me a catalogue from a seed source, Irish Eyes Garden Seeds, right here in Washington. This means we can get seed potatoes - can't "import" potatoes into WA - that are a better selection than the local businesses provide. I'm trying 3 different varieties this year. Now we just have to wait for the good weather.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My mother sewed avidly. Other things went by the wayside because sewing was what she did. But as I struggled to find the time to sew, thinking that I needed large blocks of time, she would say,"Just ten minutes a day will eventually finish your project."

Love the pajamas. Great colors.

drMolly, the BeanQueen