Friday, February 17, 2012

Another FO in knitting

this time it's another bear for the 'Mother Bear Project'; here he is (but I've forgotten his name, so will have to look it up in my notes at home). Terrible, I admit, but my memory is "just shot" as we all know.
I got a really good idea from the book I am reading for the Co-op Book Club (The Feast Nearby) last evening. It concerned the use of hoop houses in the garden for early planting and getting some veggies earlier than waiting for the regular weather. I already use hoop house for the tomatoes, but I am not sure why I didn't think about using it for earlier planting. I am planning to get some more PVC pipe this weekend and set up another one so I am able to warm up the soil in one of my raised beds and get some things started REALLY early!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh! I love the bear! BTW, how is your mother coming with her bear?

Hoop house? I'll have to look into that. I have raised beds at the farmhouse.

drMolly, the BeanQueen