Saturday, April 28, 2012

3KCBWDAY6 - Improving your skillset

3KCBWDAY6 - Improving your skillset

"How far down the road to learning your craft do you believe yourself to be? Are you comfortable with what you know or are you always striving to learn new skills and add to your knowledge base? Take a look at a few knitting or crochet books and have a look at some of the skills mentioned in the patterns. Can you start your amigurumi pieces with a magic circle, have you ever tried double knitting, how's your intarsia? If you are feeling brave, make a list of some of the skills which you have not yet tried but would like to have a go at, and perhaps even set yourself a deadline of when you'd like to have tried them by."

There are knitting skills I do have: knitting socks, knitting sweaters, knitting mittens, knitting shawls & scarves, knitting household items, knitting lace-both ways, two-color knitting, fair isle knitting, knitting on double point needles, knitting on circular needles-both 2 circs & magic loop, and knitting cables.  
There are knitting skills I don't have: (believe it or not) knitting jogless stripes, intarsia knitting, & double knitting.
And then there are all of the skills I don't know about or perhaps have seen mentioned, but don't remember.  
Soooooooooooo, I want to learn the ones I don't know and learn the ones I don't know ABOUT. 
I'll be retired in about 5 months and I plan to begin my "education" in new skills.   

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen