Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Another day in retirement

Hey this is not bad!  I've been able to start doing things that I've wanted to get done for such a long time.  And I feel in no rush as there is just the rest of my life to "get 'er done".

I dug the last potatoes to day - some nice red ones - and picked a few raspberries that managed to survive that one day of freezing.  They taste pretty good at the beginning of autumn.                                                              

Today is a windy fall day - I LOVE,
LOVE, LOVE windy fall days!   It is just so pleasant to hear the wind in the leaves of the trees outside.  It has helped clear off a lot of the smoke still left from the fires.  Now, if we could just get a little rain to clean everything up a bit.


Tonight is our Palouse Patchers meeting, supposed to be an interesting speaker.  I was able to catch a ride with a couple of ladies who live here in Colton - no more waiting at work and going to the meeting - much nicer to go with friends.

The floors, etc. are nearly dry so the work to restore the damage should begin soon.  I really hope so as I am getting very tired of taking a 'bath' in the bathroom sink with water heated on the stove!

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen