Thursday, July 09, 2015

thoughts on Thursday

Image result for sun clipartWe picked the pie cherries - canned 7 quarts which I will give to the DD & the #1 GS families as we have more than needed left from last year.  I refuse to allow the fruit to go to waste feeding birds !   The blueberries, raspberries & black caps are getting ripe, but they are small due to the heat.  They are watered regularly, but the heat just dries them out.  

Onions are maturing & starting to fall over so we'll have our own soon.  I pulled the garlic this AM so  it can dry and be stored for use, too. There were a tiny amount of beans to pick, but I've given up on the corn plants.  The seed germinated so poorly and the few plants suffer from the heat & are not growing at all.  We shall have to purchase that which we want to have fresh this year.  I already know I need to purchase green beans as there will be so few due to the poor germ also.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Aha! So it's the heat and not my brown thumb after all. Yes, some of the raspberries were dry and shriveled. I only got three cups of cherries off my little tree.

drMolly, the BeanQueen