Sunday, February 18, 2018

"Sunday, Sunday, can't trust that day........"

Wind, snow, ice, etc. etc.  and now forecast for REALLY cold next few days (as in single digits) as a reward for our feelings of early spring.  As I said yesterday it gave us quite a workout yesterday with all the snow, then a QUICK melt so we got water everywhere and now freezing again.  HELLO ice and ice!

My spindle class went well today and I think I've converted 2 to spindles, but lost another, LOL.  One lady has her own sheep and was re-learning spindling + how to use a turkish spindle.  The second lady is a weaver & will use her spinning in the weaving - and a GREAT weaver she is, too.  So, I expect it will show up in her lovely work.  The third lady is a felter, but wanted to see if she would like spindling - not so much, LOL.  But I just figure do it if you wish, but don't be hard on yourself if you don't like it.

I'm working on the snails of Jennifer's blending board demonstration, have decided to do a two ply to get a fingering weight yarn and then use the handspun yarn in the yoke of a commercial yarn sweater.  I've not decided whether a cardi or pullie, tho'.

Working on the first of the handknit sock society socks - the winter rose socks.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen