Thursday, July 05, 2018

Thoughts on Thursday

  Our fourth of July was pretty uneventful.  We went to the Johnson parade (as we always do), had breakfast and grampa helped msH get ready to ride her motorcycle in the parade.  Mom & dad walked with her and passed out the candy.  Candy passing out is a tradition for the parade.  
  We went home and the DH took a nap because he was not feeling well.  When it came time to go to the DD's home for the holiday shrimp boil he still was not "up to snuff" so I went by myself.  It was grand - way too much food as per usual at a family gathering - but so nice to be with my family.  The weather co-operated too with no rain, no hot sun and very little breeze.  We had good food, good conversation and good fun.
  I finally go all the garden beds weeded, but know that the darn weeds will all be back shortly.  The mister & I are off to my niece's wedding tomorrow, back on Sunday, then going camping on Tuesday.  Just one day to get ready so the weeds will have plenty of time undisturbed.  
  The greenhouse project proceeds slowly.  We got the roof panels in and the ridge pole covered with the metal flashing.  The roof vents are next, but first I am going to do some sealing with silicone to prevent as many leaks as I can.  We hope to finish the main building after camping and I can do the bench at my leisure.  I also have one more garden bed to set up.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen