Sunday, September 29, 2019

September 28 & 29

Sept 28: It's market day.  The farmer's market is winding down and although it goes into October the selection is starting to get smaller.  Plus, it was quite cold so I think many of the vendors are slowing down, too.
I did get some nice leeks for soup, some peppers for stuffed peppers this next week and some of the late fruits selections.
I came home and potted up all of my geranium starts and took in my fuschia and lavender plants.  

Sept 29: It was a good thing that I did the plants as we woke to snow this mornign and the forecast is for below freezing in the next few days. 
the DD, msH & I went to the "punkin' patch" to get gourds, pumpkins and native corn for autumn decorations.  The folks who grow all of these things also have a BEAUTIFUL dahlia collection and some dyers amaranth, plus millet & sorghum plants for sale.  It is such an interesting farm.  The small person had a wonderful time as she really loves the squash selections and there are gourd tunnels the folks make to show off the long shaped gourds.  One can walk under  the canopy of hanging gourds.  It is quite a sight.
I tried on the pants & shirt that I made for msH before grammaK took her home.  The clothes will be cute, but the shirt will not be good for as long as the pants.  I will have to make a larger size soon.  She picked out the fabric and the pants are a "Jack Skellington" print.  Ah well, soon enough she'll be into other things that catch her fancy.  
I feel so fortunate to be close to some of my family.  It is fun to do things with one's grands (or great grands as the case may be).  I am so blessed.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen