Friday, February 21, 2020

February 21

It's another sunny & cold day today.  But those of us who are "in the know" realize we just need to be ready for Spring, but not do anything about it at the moment.
I've been increasing my walking and am up to several blocks.  I've walked to the PO, and down to the vet to get msDaisy her Rx & food.  I'm trying to increase my distance each week.  I do feel pretty good in the hip area; now if I could say the same for that darn Achilles tendon and my shoulder.
I finished off one of my knitted blankets - the one made in the Log Cabin style of leftover sock yarn.  It was getting quite heavy so I figured that was enough for now.
I'm back to trying to get my stash collected into Ravelry as I have neglected to keep up with it.
I also finished some new underwear for myself & msH, plus got her another shirt done, too.
I want to get to some sewing, but can't do quilting yet as the garage has the saws in it that the builder is using for the porch.
I raveled a pair of socks that I had made for my mum (got them back after she had passed) that were still in good enough shape to be reused.  But they did not fit me, so I'm making "recycled mum socks" for myself.
I also took up one of my spindles and have been having a go at the art batt that one of the ladies attending our WG retreat gifted me.  I figure I'll make some yarn and then re-gift it to her this fall.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen