Friday, July 29, 2022

July 29, 2022

OK, now time for a long explanation for the hiatus.  At end of June I began having some problems with severe swelling in my legs and hands.  I went to see the doctor, the short term diagnosis was that I might have blood clots.  I was told to keep an eye on the swelling and return if it did not get better.  The next day when I got up my legs were so swollen I could not bend them; the mister took me back to the doctor.  Apparently I had misunderstood her directions & immediately upon seeing me she sent me to the emergency and I was hooked up to heart monitors, etc.  I was put into hospital where I stayed for three days.  The diagnosis was congestive heart failure.

NOW, this came “completely out of the blue”; I never smoked, ever, I am not diabetic, I’ve never had high blood pressure (until now), & I’m not now, nor have ever been obese.  No history, no family history we could find or remember (my sibs helped me there as my memory is gone) of CHF in anyone.  My mum did have high blood pressure, but I never had had that problem.

So, now I am on a strict no/low sodium diet, taking 5 new medications, recording my weight & blood pressure every morning and just having my life turned upside down in general.  I’m beginning to get back to my normal activities, but still get tired easily & have to use care so that I don’t get dizzy and the like.  It was a terrible “wake up call” that I never would have anticipated-after all 30 years ago I got that first one and had my life changed forever. Who knew it would happen again?  Sometimes I wonder about fate/life/the universe & everything!

OK until next time that’s it for now.




No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen