Tuesday, December 12, 2023

DECEMBER 12, 2023

 

It's taking me some time to be able to get my life back on some kind of "normal" track-of course I don't think it'll be anything but a new 'normal', LOL.

The mister is now graduated to a cane at most times and even some walking around the house on his own power.  But there's going to be a long road back to his strength.  He's working hard at getting back to his 'normal'.  But as you are already asking "will he be going back to motorcycles?"  And the answer is a resounding NO!  He still wanted to, make no mistake, I told him that it'd be 'a cold day in Hell' before that was going to happen! 'You can get yourself a new side-by-side so you'll have a toy to go out with your buddies, but no more motorcycles".  And finally, after he found how hard it's getting back to his own strength and agility, he has reluctantly agreed that it will be that way.

So, he took the money that the insurance paid for the motorcycle and bought himself a 2024 Polaris Ranger 1000-with all the 'bells and whistles'.  He'll have a good time with the boys-once he's able to go out again.  

Well, the weather here has been all over the place; climate change is throwing us all for a loop.  And there's not much we can do but roll with the punches.  It's hard for us short-lived human 'bumbles' to get used to the fact that our earth has no need for out timetable and will do that which she'll do whether we like it or not.  I just tried to ready the gardens & orchard as best I could for the winter season-we shall see what success I had when spring comes 'round.

Now we're getting ready for our little family Christmas season.  It's just not the same since we can no longer go to the folks for a celebration (not that we were able to go very often in the past), but I do miss being able to see them and have such fond memories of the old family holidays. And I've not had much time to get the traditional holiday treats & such this year.  I DID get my version of mom's fruitcake made in time for it to age with the brandy until Christmas.  I exchange all that icky candied fruitcake nonsense for actual dried fruit that I've dried myself, but for the raisins-I have to but those. Everyone who has ever had it says it's the best and they can actually eat it and like it.

We do have a few decorations up and the DD got us a real tree-I actually considered getting an artificial tree (horrors) this year as I just did not have the energy to go and cut one at one of the local nurseries.  She just told me 'mom, you can't have a fake tree!', so brought us one that she got at a local fundraiser site here in our communities.  They always have very nice trees and it was not bank breaking either, I guess.  So I put it up and got lights on it, am now putting on some ornaments a bit at a time.  I also go out my Christmas teapot collection and put up the Nativity scene-it's the way I was reared and I like the one I have as my daughter got the figures and painted them when she was much younger.

I've also been doing a bit of crafting; getting in some knitting, crochet, quilting and a bit of spinning.  I'm also adding a bit of embroidery as I found in the "stash" some nice stitching patterns that are simple, but look very nice.  I'm making some tea towels.  Old fashion, I know, but then that's me: OLD FASHION.

Ok, enough for now: I must finish the supper prep as tonight is a dancing night for the Great-grand and I like to have supper ready to go when I get home from that adventure.

Have a wonderful holiday for whatever reason that there is to celebrate!






1 comment:

Scooquilt said...

So glad that life has settled down again for you. Have very happy holiday!

drMolly, the BeanQueen