Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bad news on the parent front

Got a call from my mum on Tuesday - she fell & broke some ribs & one of her toes. It's a worrisome thing when one has elders for parents - you think all the time about things like this.
I spoke to my #2 sister & she says the #3 sis was helping out at the folks' house. Mom said they had to wait for 3 hours at the hospital as she wasn't critical so I expect that was hard, too.
Mom says this morning that she is hurting & is back at the doctors to see her own physician for some follow-up care.
I, myself, had to visit doc this AM due to an on-going sinus problem. He wants me to start treating my allergies as well as the antibiotics for the infection. If it isn't one darn thing it's another - see wry face here.

The weather has changed to autumnal temperatures, too. We are trying hard not to turn on the furnace yet. I cover up the tomatoes every night trying to get them a bit more to the ripe side, but probably will have to pull them up & hang 'em upside down in the garage to get red. The late raspberries are trying to fruit, too, but not sure if there will be enough heat units to finish.
The time sure does go by swiftly.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen