Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Afternoon....................or not

Well, here I am with 2 sore arms & feeling like I'm coming down with something. Chalk it all up to trying to prevent illness - I got a flu shot & a pneumonia shot this morning and now by the afternoon my arms HURT so much it's almost more than I can do to finish my work in the lab. AHA you ask what am I doing on the computer writing in my blog when I'm supposed to be working? Well, I've stopped for a bite to eat while I'm waiting for my tests to "develop color" and figured I could get a short note in here.
It has cooled off quite a bit by now and we've pretty much "buttoned it up" for winter. Just have to wait for the rest of the leaves to fall & yard work will be done.
Mike went up the road from our house & picked some of the prune-plums that are on the right of way (& free, therefore, to anyone who wishes to have them) and I dried them for dried prunes - my absolute favorite dry fruit, I have to admit. :~)
Mike did go for a ride on Howard Harley last week when it was somewhat warm during the day - of course, he enjoyed himself. Mike's buddy Bill brought me a leather jacket that someone had given him, but was too small for himself. It is not quite my style - has red, white, & blue & flags on it - and is maybe a little light for riding, but I shall give it a try when "the Postman" feels confidant enough to let me ride behind. It does fit me and has sleeves long enough for what I call "my apey arms". We still have to get pants or chaps, too. He did say he felt he needed some insulated gloves as the regular ones didn't work too well in the cooler weather.
In my "spare time" I've been looking projects up on Ravelry® - there are way too many nice things that tempt one. Especially one who has so little time to engage in hobbies. OK, the timer is going off, so it's back to work for today.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen