Monday, June 15, 2009

Today at Rosevale on the Palouse

I stayed home today - sometimes I just run out of "get up & go" and my brain just shuts down on me doing anything - this is an artifact of my "head bonk" in 1991 - I guess it's just something my body does to survive & I have to live with it.
So, I slept in until 10:30 - so like "the Postman" told me when I called him at lunch time "you must have needed it".
Picture of my Great G'ma's pinks nestled with some violas - all self-seeded into the gravel of our backyard where the garden beds, berries, & compost bins reside. Here's some garlic, lettuce, & bok choy in one of the garden beds.
And then have been doing not much for the rest of the day - I took some pictures of our back yard & garden & will share some of them - the rest you can see on my flickr account (where I'm drMolly). I'm going to make some cookies this evening & that will be the limit of my "work" for today.
Some strawberry escapees below the berry bed & a lovely iris bloom. And, the aphid-proof cage I built to protect the broccoli & cabbage.
The rest of the evening I'm just gonna' do some knitting.

2 comments:

Daniele said...

Beautiful garden Dr. Molly! Sometimes you just got to sit back and relax. :)

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, you are so right! Thanks!

drMolly, the BeanQueen