Friday, August 28, 2009

Continuing on despite more heat

It has been hot during the daytime, but quite cool at night - just typical Palouse early autumn weather. It is supposed to T-storm tonight & mayhap a bit of rain - one just never knows around here.


Here is a photo of the start of my socks for the Carefreekal Mystery Sock KAL; the yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy, the Giant Peach colorway. So far I like the way it knits up.


I will prepare peaches tonight for drying / freezing and then I think that is the last of the fruit for a bit until I get some pears to dry and the Italian prunes come along (to dry also). The garden has cabbages, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, & potatoes left. I'm protecting the tomatoes & peppers in hopes of getting ripe tomatoes & a few more peppers before freezing weather shuts off the chances of doing so.


A weekend of catching up & then relaxing coming up.

2 comments:

Daniele said...

OH! Peachie yarn and canned peaches! It doesn't get any better than that!!! ;)

Lisa said...

What a pretty shade of yarn. I'm anxious to see the rest of the pattern.

drMolly, the BeanQueen