Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We got back safe & sound

A photo of the wandering m&m's (taken by my mum in front of my #1 brother's home).
We made it back safe & sound from our long HOT trip - we've determined not to take bike trips when the temperature is above 80!!!
It was 105 when we came through the eastern end of the Columbia River gorge & up through Walla Walla & north!

When we got home there were veggies from the garden to process and then there was the great deal I got on corn from a local farm - a whole box for $5!! I ended up canning & freezing the corn from 90 ears - boy was I tired. I also got more peaches last Saturday, so have them to process, too.
It has been so busy at work & at home that this is the first I have been able to blog at all. And then this is while waiting for some tests to develop in my lab.
I did cast on for the Carefreekal mystery sock KAL in "Giant Peach" Dream in Color Smooshy from The Loopy Ewe - boy that yarn is nice. Makes me wonder why I haven't tried it sooner, but then, again there are so many lovely sock yarns that I probably won't get to try them all, LOL.
OK, back to work and I'll try to blog at a more seasonable rate.

2 comments:

kshotz said...

I have some Dream In Color Smooshy in the stash....you're convincing me to pull it out and give it a go for my next pair!

Daniele said...

What a great picture!! Looks like you had a blast, and it doesn't "look" hot, even though it was!!

90 ears of corn?!! Paul brought home some from the farmer's market the other day and I didn't even want to shuck them! ;)

drMolly, the BeanQueen