Friday, January 22, 2010

adding insult to injury........

the overdraft charges are $140 !!! It makes me feel so bad - it's like I don't know what I'm doing and getting punished for it, too.

Well, something good did come out of today. This morning our area finance officer sent around an e-mail about the USDA having some vehicles that could be used to replace our old ones. "J-the grad student", my technician and I have this 1990 Chevrolet long-box crew cab that is on its last legs. I put my name in right away for a new truck and we got on the list, so we have an almost sure chance of getting a new one!!! It will be so nice not to have to worry when she or I am taking the drive down to Central Ferry for work in our other greenhouse.

In other areas, I am half-way through the feet on "the farmer's" socks. I got in the mail today a set of legs for SFS socks - I will add the feet and another soldier will get a good pair of socks.

We didn't get home so late tonight - will have supper at 6:45 or so instead of 7:30. I may even have time to get in some more knitting.
I got my new camera yesterday & am going to try to get some photos of the bear I finished for the Mother Bear Project and the various in-progress socks, as well as the sock yarn squares.
Tomorrow is shopping, the #1GS is not here this weekend, so I'll have to drive myself, but I won't have to buy him lunch either - and a 16 year old boy eats a lot, LOL.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen