Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Despairing of warm weather EVER getting here

It froze again last night - & yes plants were covered - but it surely makes it hard to garden when it won't get & stay warm. I need to transplant my coles & my lettuces, plus get in the carrots, beets & chard. If the soil can't warm I won't be able to get the beans & corn in so they will have time to mature - even if they are short season varieties. Alas, alack when mama nature doesn't co-operate, what's a girl to do???
Worked most of the day today making applications to go collecting in Florida State Parks for our trip in November. I still have not heard from the feddies about going on to the Cape Canaveral site to try to find wild beans there, also. I hope they don't ignore my request, thinking I'm some kind of nut or something. I did use my "official capacity" letterhead & all, so one would think that would make a difference.
I'm not geting much knitting done, but am getting better organized at home with the housework, etc. so I can actually do some of the things I enjoy doing. Plus, I have been doing the weights for my arms & shoulders each day and getting in some more walking, too. Who knows, maybe some of the poundage will be reduced?

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen