Sunday, June 27, 2010

Well, I almost had a "find"

Yesterday after I got done with our weekly grocery shopping, I stopped in to some of the local thrift stores - looking for vintage sewing patterns. At the Goodwill I found no patterns, but what looked like a vintage Singer 15 sewing machine. Since the price was $40 I bought it. Turns out it is a reproduction of said machine, authorized by Singer and made in China, to be sold to places like Africa, etc. where there is no electric.
Oh well, it is worth more than I paid & I'm going to make sure everything works OK and sell it - represented as to what it really is. The wheel turns, the needle goes up & down, all the parts are there, so I'll fix up the cabinet (should have known since that was pretty cheap) and sell it.
Today 'tP' & I cleaned the RV & took it back to storage. We cleaned up the other PU to get it ready to sell, but then found that the hood would not open, so we have to have that repaired. I made aphid proof cages for my 'coles' - have 2 more to do - 1 more for coles and 1 for beets to keep off leaf miners. I made a cage for the blueberries to keep out birds; we covered the pie cherry tree - to keep out birds, and covered the strawberries - again to keep out birds. While 'tP' sprayed weeds I mulched the potatoes and weeded the corn patch. There is not a lot of corn plants, but I'm planning to put in a few more & maybe we WILL get some corn! Other parts of the garden are finally growing and today I also picked a few strawberries. Another pest there, though, some were eaten by slugs, so I'll put out my slug bait this evening.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen