Friday, August 06, 2010

after a little research.....

on the wool I've been spinning - here's what I found (see comment #1 from Gnat yesterday) looking into her suggestion about long wool sheep. From "googling" NZ sheep breeds and reading Wikipedia entries on the most common breeds there, I find this entry about Romney sheep: "The sheer number of Romney ewes and lambs in New Zealand make the breed not only the biggest input by tonnage to overseas and domestic wool trade,... ". Makes on seriously consider that this is the type of wook that it is. No???

3 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Yes...I think so! I have some Romney that I've spun and I'll try to take a picture and post. I might even have some sample of romney fiber I could send you if you want me to. For comparison.

Glad I could help! :)

Natalie Rush said...

The romney I spun I ended up frogging. :) I still have to figure out what to do with the SUPER bulky 2 ply that I spun with it.

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Hey! if you send me a sample I could do that. I'll PM you on Rav

drMolly, the BeanQueen