Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Busy week

and I did not get back to the blogging.
At work I am just trying to keep head above water; testing for virus, making notes on the growing beans, and various correspondences, plus trying to think about the collecting trip in the fall.
At home we are getting used to have 'tP' at home all of the time. It will be for 3 months, so this is necessary AND a practice for when he's retired, LOL. I picked beans and got 2 cucumbers out of the garden - we ate the cukes for supper, and I shall cook the beans tomorrow. We're eating the kohlrabis and have had beet greens & swiss chard. I dug some of the potatoes that had the vines died back and they were absolutely delicious!! We ate them with 'Swedish Meatballs' for supper on Monday night and had the leftovers yesterday.
I've made some fresh "Irma Pickles" from supplies purchased at the Farmer's Market; have to wait for more of our cucumbers to come on before I make regular dill pickles.
I'm still working on organizing in the house and am trying to get some other crafts done, too. I sent off my swap package for the bookmark swap in the Knitter With Critters Podcast - a fun-fun swap - I got a nice package (and can you believe it I misplaced the package before I got a picture, so that will be put up later as soon as I find it, LOL).
I want to get some sewing in, plus some quilting. AND I have to get geared up for my "administration" for the quilting group this year, too. If any of you readers do not know, I was "elected" to be president of our local quilt group, Palouse Patchers, for the 2010-2011 year.
I am "banking on" it being a lot of fun as well as a good challenge.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen