Sunday, August 08, 2010

Attended a great benefit concert

at the Artisan Barn in Uniontown. Wiley Gustafson and his band 'The Wild West' were the featured artists. They are primarily a western group, but do all sorts of other music, too. The concert was to benefit the Artisan Barn - a local "happening" out here on the Palouse. The barn is an old dairy barn & its settings that were donated to the community for purpose of supporting the arts. All of the renovation and such has been done by donations from local people. There are spaces in the barn for local artisans to show & sell their work, and there are classes and such, too. In the old 'milkhouse' there is a fiber/yarn shop featuring all local artists. The benefit today was for work on further space and for a farm museum, too. The band was great and it was a wonderful day for an outdoor concert, too - sunny, but with a gentle breeze and occasional fluffy clouds to help with the heat. We saw lots of folks that we knew, too.
I have beans out in the garden ready to pick. I got a few berries this morning, but I think that except for the blueberries it's the ending for berries around here.
I made bread and got in some other housework, too; so a full day - I'm pooped, so I think I'll go listen to some podcasts and knit!

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen