Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome to the Annual Lentil Festival

Yup! that's right. Here in the lentil producing capital (well, we do still produce a third of the world's lentils - in the past nearly all) of the world. Where we celebrate that lowly legume with the BIG, BIG taste and so useful in supper cuisine with a 3 day festival of its very own.
There's 500 gallons of lentil chili given away on Friday, a parade and cook-off on Saturday and a great fair on Sat. & Sun. for touring booths and just enjoying the lovely lentil.
'tP' has volunteered to work for the Chamber of Commerce at their beverage booth tonight, so after we have chili he will work and I will knit & spin while waiting for him.
This weekend will be busy as I want to see if I can finish up the chicken house walls and figure out how much siding and window screens I shall need. Then I need to see how much I will need for a small outside pen for them. I also will plan the movable "chicken tractor" for the lawn, and the tunnel to access the tractor.
And, then there are those beans and cucumbers, plus the beets & greens to get picked and processed for winter.

1 comment:

Fru-la-la! said...

yay for beans!

drMolly, the BeanQueen