Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting ready to go to Sock Summit

I am really excited. I know I won't have as much time there as I wish, nor will, I'm sure, see all I want to see, but I'll give it my best shot. I've already had the LYS owner admit her jealousy and ask me to record as much as I can to share when I get home. There are a couple of other local knitters who are going, so we should be able to bring back a lot of experiences.
I'm taking one class: "Toe-up Socks for the Stubborn" - well, I'm still trying to figure out if I really do like them or not. Otherwise, I'm going to shop and do a bit of "fan-girling" - what with all of the knitting aristocracy there AND the podcaster panorama.

On the project front, I'm still working on the Estelle cardigan (Quince & Co. Lark), the Age of Brass & Steam shawlette (my handspun), some socks (SFS & my own), plus some hand spindling on the Jenkins Turkish Delight spindle.

The garden is doing as well as can be expected for the strange year. We're still getting strawberries, although I think they may be coming to their end. The other berries are starting to ripen and we have had a few veggies from the garden, too.
The chickens are growing - I REALLY do have to get that nest box built! - and Teddy is looking like I may have to give him another haircut before winter.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen