Thursday, March 08, 2012

Sunny today, but still cold

Although we do have to appreciate how lovely it is outside. It makes me feel better, too, knowing that the warm weather is just around the corner. 'tP' couldn't help himself today, he HAS to take the Harley out for spin - it's his day off & what better way to spend part of your day off from work?

I've made some progress on my dad's sweater.Slow, but sure is the way I will get it done. That yarn is such a nice color - just a hint of variation in the green makes it have such an enjoyable look.

I started another pair of toe-up socks based on the Deb Barnhill class at the 2011 Sock Summit. The yarn is a nice wool/mohair/silk blend, but the put-up is a bit small, so I figured that the better way was to use a toe-up pattern. They will be vanilla socks as the yarn is very colorful: Fruit Frappe' colorway in Apple Pie yarn by Apple Laine (I put a picture of the yarn in an earlier podcast). I've reached the point where the toe increases stop & one works on the foot.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

"Slow but sure" -- the only way I get anything done!

Beautiful work.

drMolly, the BeanQueen