Monday, June 18, 2012

Mexico here I come

A view of Guanajuato, Mexico - where I will be attending Phaseomics - The Genome (Special Edition) meeting for the rest of the week. 

My first time in Mexico; never fear the camera will be busy!


I will be presenting a talk and chairing one of the meeting sessions. 

It's going to be my "last hurrah" as the U.S. Phaseolus curator and an absolutely wonderful way to head into my retirement. 
Here is a map of the state of Guanajuato, where the capitol is the same name.

I'll be meeting lots of "bean guys" and sharing my passion for the crop with all sorts of others who feel the same way.

OK-OK, we're weird :~) but remember it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I don't think being interested and knowledgeable about beans makes one weird. It's just that the rest of us don't know much about it. Perhaps it's the rest of the world that's out of step.

drMolly, the BeanQueen