Wednesday, September 26, 2012

We are on the road to recovery,

but it's going to take a while.  The restoration / clean-up people have started their work, the water tank will be removed today, and when all is dried out the work to replace flooring, etc. will begin.
We'll be without hot water for a while longer.

Today my colleagues are giving me a "retirement celebration" - apparently it's going to be a large one.  And here I thought that it would be just for a few of my co-workers.  My daughter is coming and my grandson; 'tP' can't make it as the 'old PO' doesn't let you attend little things like your spouse's retirement celebration.

  
I'll just bet I break down and cry! - & I don't want to do that.





Simple, Apple, clipHope to get the last potatoes dug, and the carrots, too, this weekend.  Then I can start to clean up and get the garden ready for winter.  Oh! and I nearly forgot, have to pick those apples, too.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Your house will be all fixed up for your retirement -- the next phase of life. A tear or two at the party is okay. I didn't cry at mine, but my supervisor did. (That was kinda nice.)

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Everyone was so nice to me - I guess they really will miss me. It is so nice to be appreciated!

The house is on its way but, boy those fans to dry it out are NOISY.

drMolly, the BeanQueen