Sunday, December 30, 2012

One begins to feel one's age when

one attends a funeral of one of the friends of one's youth.

The DD & I just returned from another trip to the area of my parent's home.  We attended the funeral of a friend of mine from my college & early marriage years.  My children are of similar age as these friends' children and became great friends themselves.  My ex-husband & I went to college with this couple and it was with great sadness that I learned of the death of the husband in this couple of friends.  I do have to say that the wake was a celebration of good memories as opposed to a somber, sad affair.  It was not rude or obnoxious, just a recounting of our memories of the man!

It's trying to snow again here, but we were lucky to have had good weather down & back for the trip.

On to happier things:  today is 'tP's 63rd birthday.  I got home in time to help him celebrate a bit.  We're going to supper together.
 
                               Happy Birthday to the love of my life!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Our eldest son turned 35 today. He was supposed to come Christmas Day, but he put it off. Happy Birthday to tP.

drMolly, the BeanQueen