Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Doing the mom thing, the great-gramma thing, etc.

Got to "sit" on baby Hazel Sunday night & part of Monday.  Got to help the DD with math again today.  Oh I am blessed - & I really mean it.  Think about those who aren't blessed to have their families near enough to do those things. 

Am working hard on my "water" quilt - have the background all done and am now into putting on the embroideries and the 3-D embellishments.  I should have it done in plenty of time for the April show.

'tP' & I will be going on a small vacation to the coast next week and we plan to do some reading, some beach-walking and some relaxinig.  I am going to bring along the new sweater project that I have planned - I've already swatched & measured myself so know which size to begin.  We hope the weather is not too blustery out there, but one never knows.  Luckily there is a fireplace in the cabin we are renting.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a cozy holiday to me. We're going to Philly, touring a few eastern states, and ending up in Memphis. I packed an afghan I've been making for my daughter. Was surprised to discover I have 73 out of 108 squares finished. Hey -- I could get there this year!

Enjoy your vacation.

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

That's right!! Go-go-go. If you've the free time you can do it, I know.

drMolly, the BeanQueen