Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer is winding down

Yesterday and today I harvested and canned vegetables.  I did 5 pints of beet greens, 4 pints of beets, 2 pints of swiss chard greens & 1 pint of beans.  There are more beans to come, corn ripening, and carrots & potatoes to dig.  I harvested all of the onions & garlic and they are drying in the garage right now.  I will bag them up and they will be ready to use, but for some garlic to re-plant in October.

There are raspberries coming on and I need to clean out the old canes so I can access the berries better.  I spent my time in the garden today cleaning out beds, harvesting and storing kohlrabi and checking how long before I am over-run with cucumbers, ;~).

I did a bit of mending, but I have to force myself to do a bit each day until it is done, needless to say I don't like mending, LOL.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I want to sew this afternoon, and I decided I should probably tackle the mending first. I am not inspired by mending.

My raspberries are finished but I had a late summer crop of strawberries, and that was fun.

Is it useless to plant a fall garden?

drMolly, the BeanQueen