Sunday, October 06, 2013

Finishing up for autumn

I dug carrots today - they were small this year and many odd shapes.  I believe I will use more sand in the bed next year.  The only thing left is the potatoes in the "spud towers" as I rescued what squashes I could from the patch - they maybe will have survived damage from the frost.
The DD got the last of the late raspberries before they, too, froze.  I am glad someone got them as we were gone to my folk's place for the support time.

My mother's memorial service will be Saturday, October 12, 2013.  We will have a short spiritual honoring time and then an old-fashion celtic-type wake for her.  We intend to celebrate her lovely life.  We shall all miss her terribly, but as all know the rest of life must go on and we have a lot to live in our family!

Our Hazel-bug is getting a bit better and our #2 GS seems to be on the mend.  I wish I could say the same for myself.  Somehow I picked up one doozer of a cold - it has lodged itself in my sinuses and I sound terrible as well as feeling that way.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen