Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Broken hearts

I have been away from the blog-o-sphere for a bit.
Much drama & sadness for my family.  It was more than I could handle for a bit.
On Sunday evening my beautiful mother died.  She joins her parents & 3 of her sibs in heaven.
That same day my younger grandson was hospitalized with appendix problems; additionally he had contracted some gastro-intestinal virus and to top it off he also got strep throat.  He was hospitalized and it took a while to bring the fever down and to control other problems.  Thank heaven he is on the mend now.
Then on Monday our great-grand-daughter had to be taken to emergency room with croup. She, too is now on the mend, but all things hitting at one time just was too much.

Right now I am at my dad's home seeing to his needs and talking with my sibs about how we will deal with all of the things one must do when one's parent dies.It is very, very difficult.  I am sure some of you already know this. 

Please join my family in a celebration of a wonderful and GREAT woman's life.  Think of us on October 12, 2013 as we have a memorial service for her.    

2 comments:

marcy said...

I am so sorry you are going through so much. My thoughts are with you!

Losing a parent is never easy. I hope your wonderful memories will soothe your pain.

Kathy said...

Thinking over times of loss in my family, I have to say that often we faced other troubles as well. Perhaps the message is that the living need us.

I knew your mother only through your posts, but I admired her spirit. It appeared that in her last months she put her thoughts and efforts into productive activity for the benefit of her family. God bless you and your family.

drMolly, the BeanQueen