Friday, October 18, 2013

Knitting/Spinning Retreat

I came back for a few days from staying with my dad so I could attend the retreat - I really need it.  I plan to return to his home to work more on the sorting of my mum's things.  It is way too hard for him - HELL it's hard for me - to do that sort of thing, but he wants it done so he doesn't have to face it.  I am just doing the sort into categories, the hard part will wait until all 4 of us girls get together to decide what goes where. 

I am going to try to demonstrate/teach a bit about spindle spinning while I am at the retreat.  I don't know how much I will help my friends as I am self-taught with a bit of help from books & U-tube videos.  But I will do my best.

It is great to get away from the everyday stresses of life once in a while & this will help me in my grief, too, I think.  My friends are all very supportive.

I am returning the loom, too, in my effort to pare down the craft overload, too.  It's fun, but I want to focus more on the things I really love & I found I was not able to do that - spread too thin, I was, LOL.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen