Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Real "Indian Summer"

What nice weather!  We've been working outdoors and have all of the yard & garden cleaned up.  The DDH is doing some painting - he had stripped down a large amount of the house trim that was in dire need of re-painting.  
After my marathon shopping trip yesterday (which happens when one has been gone from home for quite some time) I took it easy pretty much today.  I did butcher one of my hens that was no longer laying - she was the head trouble maker, too, always picking on the other hens.  I hope the rest will be happier that she is gone.

My retreat was absolutely wonderful!  It is so good to be with one's friends, especially when there are hard times to weather.  They hold you in their love and it is so comforting.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen