Wednesday, January 22, 2014

And it's still foggy & frozen

Really, really tired of this - and what else can one complain about but the weather?

I am entering my log of fabric remnants that I cut and sorted to color.  Then I will have a place to look to see if I can find something to use before I buy more.  
This is one of my 2014 goals - use up what you have BEFORE you buy more.  And that's in everything, too.  I'm trying "craft from the bins", "cook from the pantry" & "maintain the house from the cupboard".  A worthy idea, NO?

I got to go to a sew day at one of our LQS's (well I really don't have a LQS, but I figure the ones within 30 miles are local to me, LOL).  It was nice to work uninterrupted for a bit & I git a start on a Quilts of Valor quilt I've been wanting to do.  It will not be easy as it consists of 24 blocks that 24 different people made & donated.  They were put into a bag & passed out to folks who would make a quilt with them.  I provide the sashing, borders, and the labor.  I think I've figured out a way to make it work.  Yesterday I just added borders to the blocks so I could cut them all the same size before I put them together.  I thought I would just sew them into strips, but because they are not the same size the borders don't match.  Voila' !!! an idea.  I figure I will cut them "wonky", sew them together in strips and it won't matter that the seams don't match!  I'll have to mix in the 4 blocks that I cut "square" in the mix - I don't think anyone will notice.

the DH feels a bit better, but this was a hard one on him.  He really got the "stuffing knocked out of him" and it's going to be a while before he gets back to normal.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

We have our share of dull days, don't we? I guess we're glad we don't have snow and frigid cold, but sometimes I wonder what the summer will be if we don't have some precipitation.

My goals are much the same as yours. I'm working my way through the pantry, either serving it up or throwing it out. And I always love to use or re-purpose the fabric scraps.

Good to hear that people are on the mend at your house.

drMolly, the BeanQueen