Thursday, July 17, 2014

mrD off to white water rafting with PP&R

He should be in for a fun-fun day.  The trip is one of the rewards he earned by getting back onto "the bandwagon" at school & getting his work done on time, etc.

I got more berries picked - the strawberries are at the end of their run - and more pie cherries.  However, there are still MANY more of those to pick.  I've gotten a few peas; there won't be a lot of them as I only planted a small amount.  It looks like there will be some broccoli soon and some beets, too.  The early corn is showing a bit of tassel and the beans have some flowers, as well as the cucumbers and tomatoes.

I finished another crocheted bear, but little msH decided it was her bear, so you know where that one went!

I am going to try knitting one now as my hand is better.  But I decided that I am not going to be able to go at it as I did in the past.  Lots more breaks from now on.  

I also got the sleeves all pinned into the sweater and it's ready to sew them in.  Those clips (I believe they are actually for hair) that I got for the quilt binding are doubly useful - they hold the knitting together WITHOUT the use of pins - which always poke me.  That is why I use them for quilting, too.  The Wonder Clips© are great, too, but these were available before them.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love that Ms H wanted the bear.

Thanks for the good update!

drMolly, the BeanQueen