Sunday, December 28, 2014

Summing up on Sunday

OK, nearly a new year.

I plan to have goals again this year, no resolutions.  It is hard to stay on track with life as it is, let alone feeling guilty about not achieving one's resolutions, LOL.  So goals it is!

I hope to keep up better with my journaling; it can really be a help with one's goal of being more positive about life.  I figure I am most generally an optimist, but sometimes a tendency to depression catches me.  I want to go about the rest of my life in as positive a manner as I am able.  Life is a great blessing and we can make it even more so if we try to do that.

I want to stop fussing so much about that which I have no control; although I know I am better at that than I used to be, I still can improve.  There's probably some old saying about that - and everyone knows that old sayings came about because folks recognized the truth in them - but at the moment I can't come up with it.

And, selfishly, I want to have some more 'me time'.  I know, I know; that's something one must do for one's self, but I still get caught up in the things I feel I "must" do for others.  Now, don't get me wrong, "doing" for others is not wrong, but REALLY? did I actually think about whether "they" wanted me to????  Try to look at things from other's perspectives will help with that, I know, too. 

OK, I figure that's enough pontification for today, LOL.  On to life!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I agree -- goals not resolutions. I like to organize my objectives as the year begins, but I like a system that allows me to change direction without guilt if I need to.

drMolly, the BeanQueen