Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Terrific Tuesday

Image result for spring clipart
It's finally SPRING.  

We have had temps in the high 60's and sun for more than one day in a row.  I've been able to work in the garden & fruit areas.  I finished putting up the Cascade berries, trimmed winter kill from & tied up the raspberries.  I measured for the cherry tree cage and will get the PVC when I go shopping next.  

PLUS.....I have the area staked out where the greenhouse will go.  I plan to build a 2X4 frame of treated lumber, bigger than the house itself, and fill it with pea gravel for good drainage under the house.
msH & I planted seeds while she was here this Monday.  We put in some peas, kale, spinach, kohlrabi, and lettuce.  We put her 3 little kohlrabi plants in the cold frame - these are ones she started in her tiny inside greenhouse.
I cleaned up innumerable branches from the neighbor's stupid trees.  It is extremely annoying to have to do someone else's yard work.
I also planted some sweet peas and put in some bulbs that I found in my garage 'frig.  Not sure when I got these, but obviously after last fall when it would have been better to plant them.  Must have been a good bargain, LOL.
I have been doing a bit of knitting and want to get in some sewing, too.  msH cut out some garments so she can make herself a pair of shorts and a top.  She picked out the fabrics; there are unicorns on one and sparkly butterflies on the other.
I want to make myself some underwear that FITS and perhaps a cool summer skirt, too.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen