Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Working on Wednesday

Image result for berry clipartPretty much just getting the house cleaned and hoping for better weather so to work outside.

I did get the Cascade berries uncovered.  
Now I have to put up the poles for support and get the vines up on them - a scratchy chore as they are loaded with prickles.

I hope to get some cold weather crops in this weekend.  It has been so cold and wet that it is hard to plan much.  But I figured I could at least get in some clean up out there. 

I also plan to get some measurements for the greenhouse placement.  I'm going to build a framework of treated lumber (bigger than G-house) and fill it with small gravel for drainage.  Then we'll assemble the G-house on the gravel.  I've 2 more garden beds to build, too.  
I want to get another strawberry bed in also.  Then I can finish taking out the berries on the ground.  

The small chickens are getting all of their regular feathers and will soon be old enough to be introduced to their older pen mates.  We'll keep 3 and send the other 5 off to my DD's place.  


Hope you all are having productive, enjoyable days.

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen