Monday, November 12, 2018

Fall finishes

The "old homestead" is nearly ready for winter.  Just a few things left to do.  And at the moment the rain has been holding off so it may be able to be finished this week.  Well, one can always hope 😍😍.

OK, it's almost there.  There's only beets to harvest, filling the berry cage with straw and securing the snow tarp for the chicken cage.  This morning I re-hooked up the water heater for the chix - it is freezing again.
Finished rainbow socks for msH - she now wants a pair for home so she can leave these here.  Working on bamboo tape vest and trying to get UFO's done so can work on new projects 😩😩.

AHA!  we are winterized!  The mister & I had our 25th anniversary yesterday, we went to breakfast on Saturday and supper last night.  More food than we needed, but, then msDaisy scored and she can't resist people food. 

I got one of my cabinets up and have all of my spinning fiber stored.  I went through it, took out all the SW and fibers I did not want.  That is going to the Wool Gatherer's autumn Stash Bash next Sunday and I'll either sell it or give it away.  
I'm doing a pretty good job of down-sizing so far.  It is difficult for this old dog to learn new tricks, BUT what in the heck do we need at this stage of life anyway.  If someone else can make use of our stuff, why not?

No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen