Saturday, December 22, 2018

and now 1 week

December 17: had a lovely time at our Wool Gatherers holiday party.  There was a good turnout and we had great food and fun conversation, as usual.  I was the hostess and I had asked everyone to bring a hand made ornament.  There was a great variety of ornaments showing off the wonderful talent of our group.

December 18:  I finally broke down and ordered a new computer.  This old one is driving me crazy.  Part of the time I can't get things to work and it seems to get stuck at other times.  Just get the old one to last long enough to transfer over my files, etc.  I am not the best at this sort of work, but I'll give it my best shot.  I DO have the photos on an external hard drive, so if all else fails we will have them saved.
Image result for rain clipartThe weather has been unbelievable.  It rained in absolute buckets today, filling up all the drainage areas right away.  Climate change is so affecting us all.  It is a pretty scary thing.

I'm going to make a few more varieties of cookies and call it a day.  It is nearly Christmas any-whoo.

I bought some fabric to go with that which I had already and some lining fabric to make myself a new jumper - that's the "american" jumper, LOL, a sleeveless garment worn over blouse of shirt.  Our European and even Canadian friends use jumper to mean a sweater - what a confusing thing.

OK, off to help at the community food bank with the commodity distribution this evening.

December 21: WINTER SOLSTICE

December 22: and it's nearly here.


No comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen